- Data we collect
- What personal data do we share with third parties and who are they?
- Why do we share data outside of the EU
- How do we keep your personal data secure?
- Your rights
- About us
1. Data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services. In general we collect the following data:
- data we have collected from you
- the basis on which we are holding it (e.g. because you gave us consent)
- what we will do with it
- how long we will hold it for
- where it is stored
- who it might be shared with
- your rights in relation to the data, and
- information on how you can access and manage this data.
We have provided further detail below about the specific types of data we collect and our reasons for doing so.
1. What data do we ask you to provide to us, and why?
The data we collect relates to personal information when enquiries are made, including your address and contact details. This information is required to process so that we may deliver our services to you.
This information may be processed by either of our companies Glow Heating Services Ltd and GlowPlus Home Services Ltd. Both of which comprise “Glow Heating” as a service provider.
1.2. What data do we collect when you visit our website, and why?
We collect cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data that websites send to a user’s computer and are stored on the user’s web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information, such as what a user might have put in a shopping cart for example.
We also use a Facebook pixel; this information collects information related to visits originating from Facebook.
None of this data is personally identifiable.
2. What personal data do we share with third parties and who are they?
We share personal data with the following third parties:
- RMS – used for payment processing
- Stripe – used for payment processing (phasing out).
- Sentt – postal processing used for notifications of service and marketing.
- MailChimp – if you consent to future contact and marketing your details will be processed and stored within Mailchimp.
- ServiceM8 – to manage our daily jobs we collect personal information, namely addresses and contact details.
Facebook – if you consent to future contact and marketing your details will be processed and stored within our custom audience list. With this consent you allow us to target you with advertising, if you experience this and find it annoying please let us know as our goal is to communicate effectively rather than push our customers away.
There are certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
3. Why do we share data outside of the EU
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example, if a third party we share data with has servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case we will obtain your consent or otherwise ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU’s guidelines.
4. How do we keep your personal data secure?
Your data is secured through software encryption and password access. None of the data we store is publicly accessible.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security, we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we shall also inform you.
6. Your rights
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
We also give you the option to manage your data via:
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to, the duration will depend on your relationship with us.
7. About us
Glow Heating Services Ltd (Company number 12512617) and GlowPlus Home Services Ltd (company number 12641807) and our correspondence address is Unit F3, Freya Court, Castings Way, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN6 9WG. You can contact us at email@example.com